Club Challenge – Long Buckby
March 22 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
As part of our “community” goals within our development plan we believe that its important that Archers across the County have an opportunity to meet and share their passions in the sport. As such we have sent out the below invitation / challenge to Towcester Archers / Long Buckby Archery Club / Wellingborough Open Archery Club and Archers of Raunds.
All have indicated that they are up for the challenge.
We will publish dates as soon as Clubs have confirmed their availability.
We will not be picking any teams in advance, turn up, shoot – if your score is amongst the best you will be in the team
Our Club enjoys a fabulous indoor shooting facility at Montsaye Community Sports Centre in Rothwell. We have this facility two evenings per week and each Friday many of our clubs’ members shoot an organised indoor round. Each round shot is pre-registered with the County Association and therefore if County records are achieved, they can be claimed.
We would like to share this facility with our friends throughout the County and have decided to trial, after Christmas, a number of Indoor “matches” against other County clubs. We wondered if would like to be involved?
Our thoughts, whilst not yet fully formulated, are as follows for the evening:
- We could accommodate a visiting “team” of up to 10 archers
- We would welcome any of the following disciplines -Recurve, Barebow, Compound
- Team size and disciplines would be “matched” in order to compare scores fairly.
- The round shot would be a Portsmouth
- There will be a short break in shooting at 2.5 doz to allow for Tea / Coffee – Cakes / Biscuits and chat (if you have some talented bakers as we do, feel free to bring some goodies with you to share).
- There will be no shooting fees charged to those visiting.
- The winners will be ………. Does it really matter? Hopefully it will be our sport!
Time – We shoot from 6pm – 9pm (sorry it is a little earl but it can’t be changed).
Venue – Montsaye Community Sports Centre, Greening Road, Rothwell, Northants NN14 6JA
Available Dates – Jan 19th 2024 / Feb 9th & 16th 2024 / March 8th, 22nd, 29th 2024
We are hoping to utilise 4 of these dates to host matches to trial the format. Please indicate which would best suit your club and members if you are able to participate.
If successful we may be able to turn this into a county wide league type event in the 24/24 indoor season.
We look forward to seeing you – Let Battle Commence